August 30, 2010

leucadia art walk


did the leucadia art walk yesterday with julie.  this photo shows my half of the booth we shared.  yes, it needs work.  everything about my display needs work, but that's another post all together...

anyway, we both did okay, all things considered. i sold one art piece, one "art in a bag" and a bunch of 'past season' card packs.  i also received great feedback, my favorite being from this young, hip girl who really loved my work.  she made a point of telling me she was the typical art student snob (gotta love her honesty), very jaded, seen it all, etc., and she dug my art.  i love when young, hip-to-the-sceners "get" my work.  it makes me feel relevant.  is that wrong?

also, one of my customers from seattle was down and stopped to say hello.  it was great to see her.
we also met a fellow artist who just moved here from northern california who teaches watercolor painting and does yearly classes in italy and france. (how do i get that job?) i hope to touch base with her soon and meet up for coffee to talk art.  her work is darling, and i actually broke my rule of no spending when i'm working, and purchased one of her watercolor prints of ponte vecchio in florence, which is where joel and i were married.

No comments:

Post a Comment